Jongmyojerye is a ritual commemorating the kings and queens of many generations of the Joseon Dynasty in Jongmyo, a national shrine and a world cultural heritage designated by the UNESCO. The ritual is held every first Sunday of May.
09:00 to 10:00 Entering Yeongnyeongjeon
10:00 to 12:00 Yeongnyeongjeon rite
13:00 to 14:00 Entering Jeongjeon
14:00 to 16:30 Jeongjeon rite
※ You can participate in the two rites on a first come, first served basis.
1. Keep your voice down and refrain from running around in Jongmyo.
2. Jongmyo is a non-smoking area.
3. When taking photos, do not disturb others. Photos for commercial purposes are not allowed.
4. Follow the guide when entering Yeongnyeongjeon and Jeongjeon.
5. Do not walk on the pathway for the spirits.
※ Jongmyojerye is a solemn ritual. Please show courtly manners.